Elements of Effective School Web Sites:
- General School Information:
- Contact Information - School Address, E-Mail Directory, Office, Cafeteria, Guidance & Media Phone & Fax Numbers, Administrators
- School Improvement Plan
- Annual Report to the Community
- Mission Statement and/or Philosophy
- Technology Plan
- Awards and Recognition
- Community & School District Info, i.e. area population, demographics...
- Information for Students, Parents & Community:
- School Newsletters
- School Calendar (include activities, holidays, meetings, field trips, grade report dates, etc.)
- Basic Information:
- School Colors
- School Hours, Supervision times, media center & after school program hours
- Map of School
- General School Wide Rules and/or Student Code of Conduct
- Grading Scale or Criteria where appropriate
- Fee information
- Medication Rules & Form
- Other Policies in School Handbook - emergency procedures, computer lab policies, etc.
- District Policies - internet usage, student rights & responsibilities, etc.
- Schedules - Class, Lunch, Special Area, etc.
- Lunch & Breakfast Menus
- Bus Schedule with LCSB Transportation Phone Numbers
- Special Programs -ESE services, School wide programs such as Accelerated Schools, Project CHILD, etc.
- Extended Day or After School Programs Info - elementary & middle only
- Volunteer Program
- High School Specific items:
- Graduation Requirements
- Testing Dates for College Admission
- Links to Scholarship Information
- Course Offerings
- Student Parking
Designing an Effective School Web Site
Created by Brenda Fraser and Noëlle Bonard.
Last updated: 6/22/98.